Hosted By: Nic & The Captain
Take a seat with Nic, The Captain and your favorite brew as they talk all things true crime.
While this podcast has a more casual vibe you’ll find that each case discussed as been fully researched, with facts verified, in order to provide a fresh and educated perspective to listeners each week.
The dedication of the hosts to not only discuss these unsolved cases but to also connect with the victim’s family continues to help bring more exposure to those who need it.
True Crime Garage Podcast Hosts:
Nic Edwards and Pat Edwards (the Captain) are co-hosts of True Crime Garage podcast. Pat Edwards is also known for his work on The Generation Why Podcast and Let’s Taco ‘Bout True Crime.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Engaging Dynamic: The contrasting styles of Nic and The Captain create a great dynamic for listeners, blending thoughtful analysis with humor and charisma.
- Community Interaction: The hosts actively involve their listeners by welcoming their input, incorporating feedback, and creating a sense of community through emails, voicemails, and social media interactions.
- Consistent Quality: The podcast maintains a high standard of quality in terms of production, content, and delivery.
- Exploration of Unsolved Mysteries: The hosts delve into unsolved cases, sparking interest and discussion among listeners who enjoy the challenge of unraveling mysteries and sharing their own theories.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Lengthy Tangents: Some listeners find that Nic and The Captain occasionally go on tangents or engage in extended discussions unrelated to the true crime cases, which can detract from the focus of the episodes.
- Sensationalism: A few individuals have criticized the podcast for occasionally adopting a sensationalist tone or emphasizing shock value in certain episodes, which they feel can detract from the seriousness and sensitivity of the crimes being discussed.
- Speculation vs. Facts: While the hosts offer their insights and theories, a small portion of listeners have expressed concern that there can be a blurred line between speculation and factual information, leading to potential misinformation being presented.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!