Hosted By: Josh Hallmark
True Crime Bullsh** is a serialized, investigative podcast that explores the life and crimes of Israel Keyes, a meticulous and enigmatic serial killer. Host Josh Hallmark takes listeners on a strange, terrifying, and emotional journey, as he attempts to find the missing, understand a killer, explore the impacts of crime, and reconcile with those left behind.
The podcast is a mix of true crime investigation, personal narrative, and social commentary. Hallmark shares his own thoughts and feelings about Keyes and his crimes, and he interviews experts in the field of true crime and law enforcement. The podcast also features interviews with family members and friends of the victims.
True Crime Bullsh** Podcast Host:
Josh Hallmark is a true crime writer and podcaster with a background in journalism. He is the host of True Crime Bullsh**, as well as the co-host of the podcast Hunting Warhead. He is also a certified crime scene investigator.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Engaging Narrative: The podcast captures the attention of listeners with its gripping storytelling, making it hard to stop listening once you start.
- Thorough Research: Josh Hallmark’s dedication to detailed research ensures that listeners are provided with accurate information and a comprehensive understanding of the case.
- Unique Perspective: True Crime Bullsh** offers a fresh perspective on the Israel Keyes case, exploring the psychological intricacies and motivations of the killer.
- In-Depth Analysis: The podcast goes beyond the surface-level facts, diving deep into the case and providing insightful analysis that keeps listeners intrigued.
- Transparency and Authenticity: Listeners appreciate Hallmark’s transparency and willingness to address the challenges and ethical considerations of covering true crime, creating a sense of trust and authenticity.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Subjective Speculation: In exploring the mind and motivations of the serial killer Israel Keyes, the podcast occasionally delves into subjective speculation. Some critics argue that this speculation can be misleading or distract from the objective facts of the case.
- Personal Commentary: At times, host Josh Hallmark incorporates personal commentary and anecdotes into the podcast. While some appreciate this personal touch, others feel that it can distract from the main narrative or come across as self-indulgent.
- Tone and Language: Hallmark has been criticized for making jokes about Keyes’s crimes and for using graphic language. Some listeners have found this to be insensitive and disrespectful to the victims and their families.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!