Hosted By: Thomas Wiborg-Thune
Produced By: PodcastOne
This podcast takes an in depth look into serial killers and the many factors that played a role in the criminal they became.
With a new episodes weekly, The Serial Killer Podcast gets right to the facts of each serial killer’s background – from their youth all the way up to the murders they committed.
With an effort to fully understand more about each killer, you’ll find heavily graphic details of both their lives and criminal behavior.
The Serial Killer Podcast Host:
Thomas Wiborg-Thune is a seasoned investigative journalist with a passion for criminology and true crime. His expertise in the field, coupled with his narration style, has made him a highly respected figure in the true crime podcasting community. With a deep understanding of criminal psychology, Thomas brings a unique perspective to each episode, uncovering the intricate details behind the actions of these chilling murderers. His dedication to factual accuracy and sensitivity towards the victims’ stories ensures that The Serial Killer Podcast offers a balanced and compelling exploration of these crimes.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Thorough Research: Listeners appreciate the podcast’s commitment to extensive research, ensuring accuracy and reliability in the information presented. The depth of knowledge exhibited by Thomas Wiborg-Thune is highly praised.
- Psychological Insights: The exploration of the psychological profiles and motivations of serial killers is highly valued. Listeners appreciate how the podcast delves into the intricate aspects of criminal behavior, providing a deeper understanding of the human psyche.
- Educational Value: The Serial Killer Podcast is praised for its educational value, appealing to both true crime enthusiasts and individuals interested in criminology, forensic psychology, and criminal justice. The podcast offers an opportunity to learn about these topics in an engaging manner.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Graphic Content: Due to the nature of the subject matter, the podcast contains graphic descriptions of violent crimes, which can be distressing or triggering for some listeners. Critics argue that the level of detail provided could be excessive and potentially sensationalistic.
- Lack of Diversity: Some listeners have expressed concerns about the lack of diversity in the cases covered by the podcast. Critics argue that focusing predominantly on well-known Western serial killers overlooks the stories and experiences of serial killers from different regions and cultures.
- Insufficient Victim Focus: While the podcast aims to shed light on the minds of serial killers, critics argue that it sometimes fails to give sufficient attention and respect to the victims and their families. They suggest that a more victim-centric approach could provide a more balanced and empathetic narrative.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!