Hosted By: Laurah Norton & Brooke Hargrove
The Fall Line is an investigative podcast that focuses on the cold cases of marginalized communities in the Southeast.
By providing a platform for both families and victims, the hosts are dedicated to bringing awareness and closure, both in the past and currently.
The Fall Line Podcast Host:
Brooke Hargrove, an accomplished researcher and investigative journalist, brings a wealth of knowledge to the podcast. Her meticulous attention to detail and relentless pursuit of truth provide a solid foundation for the show.
Laurah Norton, an experienced advocate for the missing, amplifies the human element of each case, infusing empathy and understanding into their narratives.
Together, Brooke and Laurah strike a harmonious balance, creating a listening experience that is both informative and emotionally engaging.
Praise from Listeners*:
- In-Depth Research: The Fall Line sets itself apart by diving deep into cold cases, unearthing forgotten details and untangling complex webs of evidence. The hosts’ thorough research is evident in each episode, offering listeners a comprehensive understanding of the cases they explore.
- Empathy and Sensitivity: While true crime podcasts often face the challenge of balancing entertainment with respect for victims, The Fall Line excels in its compassionate approach.
- Engaging Storytelling: The hosts’ weave together interviews, archival audio, and expert analysis to create compelling narratives that keep listeners engaged.
- Awareness and Advocacy: The Fall Line goes beyond recounting cold cases; it actively raises awareness about missing persons and highlights the flaws in the criminal justice system. Brooke and Laurah’s dedication to advocacy is admirable, as they strive to give voice to the voiceless and shed light on systemic issues that often hinder the resolution of these cases.
- Community Engagement: The podcast has fostered a community of listeners who are passionate about justice and solving cold cases. The Fall Line encourages audience participation, inviting tips, leads, and insights from listeners, making it a collaborative effort in the pursuit of truth.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Pacing and Length: Some listeners have commented that certain episodes of The Fall Line can feel overly long or occasionally suffer from pacing issues. They suggest that tighter editing or more concise storytelling could enhance the overall listening experience.
- Production Quality: While the content and research are highly regarded, a few listeners have mentioned occasional audio quality inconsistencies or minor technical glitches in some episodes. These issues can momentarily distract from the otherwise engaging narratives.
- Sensitivity to Victims’ Families: Although ‘he Fall Line is generally praised for its empathetic approach, a few individuals have expressed concerns that certain episodes may unintentionally delve into personal details that could cause discomfort or distress to the victims’ families. They argue for even greater care and consideration when handling sensitive information.
- Inclusion of Different Perspectives: Some listeners have suggested that The Fall Line could benefit from incorporating more diverse viewpoints or expert insights beyond the primary hosts. They believe that additional perspectives could offer fresh analysis and enhance the overall depth of understanding in complex cases.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!