Hosted By: Yudhijit Bhattacharjee
Produced By: Campside Media
Chameleon: Scam Likely is a serialized podcast that details the stories of how innocent people were taken advantage of by scammers.
Scam Likely Podcast Host:
Yudhijit Bhattacharjee is an award-winning investigative journalist who has written for The New York Times Magazine, ProPublica, and The Wall Street Journal. He is also the author of the book The Three-Year Swim Club: Justice, Redemption, and the Female Friends Who Changed My Life.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Nuanced Approach: Bhattacharjee takes the time to get to know the people involved in the scam, both the victims and the scammers. This allows him to provide a more nuanced understanding of the situation and the people involved.
- Timeiness: In today’s world, we are all bombarded with scams. Listeners appreciate that Scam Likely provides them with the information they need to protect themselves from being scammed.
- Production Quality: The sound quality is excellent, and the music and sound effects are used effectively to enhance the storytelling.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Slow Pacing: Bhattacharjee takes his time to tell the story, and some listeners have found this to be frustrating.
- Episode Length: Each episode is over an hour long, and some listeners have found this to be too much.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!