Hosted By: Ash Kell & Alaina Urquhart-White
Produced By: Wondery
Morbid: A True Crime Podcast is a weekly podcast that covers a mix stories from serial killers to unsolved mysteries, spooky history, paranormal happenings, conspiracy theories and anything that sends chills down your spine.
The hosts are dedicated to providing in-depth and accurate research with each story they bring to listener’s ears, with a splash of humor to lighten some of the heavier topics covered.
Morbid: A True Crime Podcast Hosts:
Alaina Urquhart is the science-loving co-host of Morbid: A True Crime Podcast. As an autopsy technician by trade, she offers a unique perspective from deep inside the morgue. Before writing her first psychological horror novel, she received degrees in criminal justice, psychology, and biology.
Ashleigh Kelley is an hair beautician, podcaster, and media personality popularly known as the co-host of Morbid: A True Crime Podcast.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Chemistry Between Hosts: Ash and Alaina’s dynamic and friendship creates a warm and welcoming feel for many listeners.
- Empathy and Sensitivity: According to listeners, the hosts strike a delicate balance between discussing the dark details and respecting the victims’ memories.
- Depth and Analysis: Morbid goes beyond surface-level storytelling, diving deep into the psychological motivations of the criminals and exploring the societal factors that contribute to crime.
- Community Engagement: The podcast fosters an active and supportive community of listeners who share their thoughts, theories, and additional information, which is appreciated.
- Occasional Humor: While dealing with serious subject matter, Ash and Alaina inject well-timed humor into the episodes, offering brief moments of respite without undermining the gravity of the crimes.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Lengthy Off-Topic Discussions: Occasionally, Ash and Alaina engage in lengthy off-topic discussions, veering away from the main case being discussed. While this may be enjoyable for some listeners, others prefer a more streamlined approach, wanting the focus to remain solely on the true crime content.
- Lack of Source Citations: Although the hosts conduct research, some listeners have expressed a desire for more transparency regarding the sources and references used in each episode.
- Overlapping Content: As the true crime genre is quite saturated, some listeners have pointed out that certain cases covered in Morbid have been previously covered extensively by other podcasts or media outlets. This overlap can sometimes lead to repetitive information for those who are well-versed in true crime content.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!