Hosted By: Jamie Bartlett
Produced By: BBC Sounds
The Missing Cryptoqueen is an investigative podcast that dives into the disappearance of Dr. Ruja Ignatova, the founder of OneCoin, a purported cryptocurrency that many believe to be a massive Ponzi scheme.
The Missing Cryptoqueen Podcast Host:
Jamie Bartlett is an award-winning British journalist, author, and filmmaker. He is known for his work on technology, culture, and society. Bartlett has written for numerous publications, including The Guardian, The Times, and Wired. He is also the author of several books, including The Dark Net and Radicals: Outsiders Changing the World.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Compelling Storytelling: Bartlett weaves together interviews, firsthand accounts, and archival footage to create a compelling and suspenseful narrative.
- Engaging: The podcast goes beyond the headlines to provide a comprehensive and nuanced examination of OneCoin and the people involved in it, which kept listeners engaged.
- Strong Commentary: Listeners enjoy Bartlett’s commentary on the broader implications of the OneCoin saga, exploring themes such as greed, gullibility, and the power of persuasion.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Lack of balance: Some critics have argued that the podcast presents a one-sided view of OneCoin, focusing on the negative aspects of the project while neglecting to give a fair hearing to its supporters.
- Sensationalism: Others have accused the podcast of being overly sensationalized, with Bartlett exaggerating the drama and intrigue of the story for the sake of entertainment.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!