Hosted By: Vincent Strange
Gond Cold explores the unsolved homicides and missing persons cases throughout the state of Texas.
With a focus around providing a voice to the cases that have become forgotten and/or weren’t given the full coverage they deserved in the first place, Vince aims to bring awareness to all victims.
By speaking directly to those closest to the victims, you’ll not only learn that there’s always more to any story but how much unsolved crimes affect everyone involved.
Gone Cold Podcast Host:
Vincent Strange has always been intrigued by mysteries and who-dunnits, not only for the challenge they present but also because he believes in accountability and justice.
In 2017, when he began speaking with the families of missing persons and unsolved homicide victims, it became clear that there were a ton of folks whose stories have been forgotten and some whose stories have never really been told at all. Gone Cold set out to tell these forgotten and untold stories in hopes that it can help bring renewed attention that might lead to new information.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Thorough Research and Attention to Detail: The podcast’s dedication to in-depth research and meticulous attention to detail impresses listeners, making them feel confident in the accuracy and reliability of the information presented.
- Empathy and Sensitivity towards Victims: The host’s compassionate approach to the victims and their families resonates with listeners, as they appreciate the empathy and sensitivity with which each case is handled.
- Audience Engagement and Participation: The podcast actively encourages listener engagement through discussions, theories, and participation. Listeners enjoy being part of the community and appreciate the opportunity to contribute their thoughts and ideas.
- Advocacy for Justice: The podcast’s dedication to seeking justice for the victims resonates strongly with listeners. By shedding light on cold cases and generating awareness, Gone Cold Podcast plays a role in keeping these cases from being forgotten.
- Balanced Approach to Storytelling: Listeners praise the podcast for striking a balance between providing factual information and creating a compelling narrative. The hosts manage to present the cases in a way that is both informative and engaging, making it accessible to a wide range listeners.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Pacing and Length: Some listeners have found certain episodes to be overly long or felt that the pacing could be improved.
- Lack of Depth in Investigation: While the podcast generally provides thorough research, there have been instances where listeners have expressed a desire for deeper investigation into certain cases. They wanted more in-depth analysis, additional interviews, or exploration of alternative theories.
- Repetitive Narration Style: A few listeners have felt that the hosts’ narration style could become repetitive over time, with similar patterns and phrasing used across different episodes.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!