Hosted By: Aaron Habel and Justin Evans
Produced By: Wondery
Join Aaron and Justin each week as they break down theories and give their opinions on unsolved murders, controversies, mysteries and conspiracies.
With a balance of each show being fully researched and presented in a way that isn’t over the listeners heads, Generation Why has been building a loyal following for years, with no slowing down in sight.
Generation Why Podcast Hosts:
Aaron was born just outside of Detroit, Michigan. These days he lives in Kansas City and hosts the Generation Why Podcast with Justin Evans. His interests include true crime, electronic music, old radio shows, books, & computers. Previously, Aaron was the host of the Framed: An Investigative Story podcast.
Justin Evans is the co-host of The Generation Why podcast founded in 2012. He is considered a pioneer of the true crime genre in the podcasting world and is also the creator of The Peripheral podcast. Justin’s podcasting career was inspired by questioning society and a love for storytelling.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Thorough Research: The podcast is widely praised for its meticulous research, which helps provide a comprehensive understanding of the cases and mysteries discussed.
- Chemistry and Dynamic: Aaron and Justin’s rapport and chemistry are often mentioned as a highlight, creating an enjoyable and entertaining listening experience.
- Wide Range of Topics: The podcast’s diverse range of topics, spanning unsolved mysteries, true crime, and conspiracy theories, appeals to a broad audience, ensuring there’s always something intriguing for everyone.
- Empathy and Sensitivity: Listeners appreciate the podcast’s respectful treatment of sensitive subjects and victims.
- Thorough Analysis: The podcast’s in-depth analysis of cases, exploring different angles and theories, is highly valued. This thorough examination allows listeners to gain a deeper understanding and form their own conclusions.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Pacing and Length: Occasionally, listeners have found episodes to be overly long or meandering, wishing for more concise and focused discussions.
- Lack of Diversity in Perspectives: Critics have pointed out that the podcast predominantly features the perspectives of the two hosts, Aaron and Justin, without regularly incorporating guest experts or diverse voices to provide alternative viewpoints.
- Lack of Trigger Warnings: Occasionally, the podcast covers sensitive and disturbing topics without providing sufficient trigger warnings, potentially causing distress to some listeners who may have personal traumas associated with those subjects.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!