Dramatization, Famous, Fraud & Scams, Nonviolent
Hosted By: Vicky Baker and Chloe Moss
Produced By: BBC Radio
Fake Heiress is a podcast about the rise and fall of Anna Delvey, a Russian-born German con artist who posed as a wealthy heiress to access the upper echelons of New York City’s social and art scenes from 2013 to 2017. Vicky Baker and Chloe Moss investigate Delvey’s story and explore the factors that led to her downfall.
Fake Heiress Podcast Host:
Vicky Baker is a journalist who has written for The Guardian, The Telegraph, and The Independent. She is the author of the book The Secret Life of Anna Delvey.
Chloe Moss is a playwright and screenwriter. Her plays have been performed at the Royal Court Theatre, the National Theatre, and the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. She is the author of the BBC Radio 4 drama Fake Heiress, which is based on the story of Anna Delvey.
Praise from Listeners*:
- In-depth Research: Fans appreciate the extensive research put into each episode. Vicky Baker and Chloe Moss present a comprehensive and accurate account of the events that transpired during the fake heiress saga.
- Host Chemistry: The chemistry between Vicky and Chloe is often highlighted as a standout feature. Their banter, camaraderie, and exchange of insights make the podcast enjoyable and engaging throughout.
- Insights into High Society: Fake Heiress provides a rare glimpse into the lives of the elite and the world of high society. Listeners love the behind-the-scenes look at the extravagant lifestyle that Anna Sorokin attempted to emulate as well as the glimpse into the world of New York City’s elite.
- Legal Analysis: Chloe Moss’s legal expertise offers clear explanations of the legal implications of Anna Sorokin’s actions. This aspect adds depth to the narrative and helps listeners understand the complexities of the case.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Dramatization: Some listeners felt that the use of dramatized scenes in the podcast was unnecessary and distracting. They felt that the podcast would have been more effective if it had stuck to the facts of Anna Delvey’s story.
- Narrative Bias: A few listeners claim that the hosts display a biased perspective towards Anna Sorokin, either sympathizing with her or portraying her as a mastermind without giving equal consideration to other interpretations of her motivations and actions.
- Lack of New Information: For listeners already familiar with the Anna Sorokin case from prior news coverage or other sources, there may be a perceived lack of new or exclusive information in the podcast. Some critics hoped for more fresh insights or exclusive interviews.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!