Hosted By: Mike Browne & Scott Hemenway
Produced By: Curious Cast
Dark Poutine Podcast – True Crime and Dark History takes a weekly look into the true crime and the legends, folklore and dark history that surround it – all from the perspective of two Canadians.
Dark Poutine Podcast – True Crime and Dark History Hosts:
Mike Browne’s curiosity, love of storytelling, and lifelong interest in the true-crime genre led him to create the popular, award-winning Dark Poutine podcast in 2017. Mike’s experience as a trauma survivor is evident in the compassion and thoughtful connection he brings to the stories he writes and voices. Mike is also a regular co-host on the radio show The House of Mystery, which plays nightly on KCAA in Los Angeles.
Scott Hemenway is a podcaster and co-host of Dark Poutine. As an avid true crime enthusiast, he brings a fresh perspective to each episode, offering thought-provoking insights and engaging discussions with Mike.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Highlighting Unsolved Cases: Dark Poutine Podcast’s dedication to shedding light on unsolved cases and advocating for justice for victims is appreciated by fans who want to see these cases solved.
- Cultural and Historical Context: Listeners enjoy the podcast’s exploration of the cultural and historical context surrounding the crimes, providing a richer understanding of the cases.
- Balanced Tone: The podcast strikes a balance between acknowledging the seriousness of the crimes and incorporating lighter moments, creating an engaging and approachable atmosphere.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Pacing and Length: A few listeners have expressed that certain episodes feel overly long or that the pacing could be improved, occasionally resulting in a loss of momentum.
- Graphic Content: Due to the nature of true crime, some listeners have found certain episodes to be too graphic or unsettling, desiring more warnings or content advisories for sensitive topics.
- Humor Balance: While many appreciate the hosts’ light-hearted approach and occasional humor, a few listeners have felt that the comedic elements can at times overshadow the seriousness of the subject matter.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!