Hosted By: Tim Pilleri and Lance Reenstierna
Produced By: Crawlspace Media
Known for their work on the Missing Maura Murray podcast, Crawlspace gives Tim Pilleri and Lance Reenstierna a place to expand the discussion on other missing persons cases, murders, robberies, and more.
With a more casual vibe, Crawlspace invites the listeners to examine the facts provided, the same way the hosts are, in hopes of less questions and more answers.
Crawlspace Podcast Hosts:
From the Boston suburb of Medford, MA, Tim Pilleri’s father got him involved in Medford’s public access station at the age of 9, where he was soon directing live shows. After success on stage in college and in Boston, Tim embarked for Los Angeles in 2004 and has worked in the entertainment industry ever since. Tim currently hosts three popular true crime podcasts called Crawlspace, Missing Maura Murray, and Empty Frames with friend of fifteen years Lance Reenstierna. Missing Maura Murray was the inspiration for Oxygen Network’s The Disappearance of Maura Murray TV show, which was a cable hit.
Lance Reenstierna began his career in the entertainment and media industry by producing original stage shows and murder mystery dinner theater experiences. A troupe was formed, and over the course of ten years and a dozen shows, performances brought the houses down. It was midway through this time that he met Tim Pilleri From there, the partnership was formed and the two of them have gone on to produce films, documentaries, live shows and podcasts.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Thorough Research: Crawlspace stands out for its commitment to extensive research, providing listeners with well-rounded and accurate information, ensuring an informed perspective on each case.
- Humanizing Victims: Tim and Lance skillfully humanize the victims and their families, allowing listeners to connect with the personal stories behind the crimes and fostering empathy for those affected.
- Community Engagement: Crawlspace fosters a strong sense of community, encouraging listeners to actively participate in discussions, share tips, and contribute to ongoing efforts to solve cold cases and bring closure to families.
- Unearthing Lesser-Known Cases: The podcast has gained praise for shedding light on lesser-known and overlooked cases, highlighting stories that may have otherwise gone unnoticed.
- Advocacy and Impact: Crawlspace goes beyond storytelling, actively advocating for justice and supporting the cause of missing persons through fundraisers, awareness campaigns, and collaborations with organizations dedicated to the cause.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Pacing and Length: Some listeners have expressed concerns about the pacing of episodes, finding them too slow or drawn-out at times. Additionally, a few individuals have felt that certain episodes could be shorter without compromising the content.
- Speculation and Conjecture: Due to the nature of unsolved mysteries and true crime cases, Crawlspace occasionally delves into speculation and theories. While this can be intriguing, a small number of listeners have voiced their desire for a more evidence-based and factual approach.
- Personal Opinions and Interjections: Occasionally, the hosts’ personal opinions and interjections during discussions have been a subject of criticism. Some listeners prefer a more objective presentation of the facts without too much subjective commentary.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!