Hosted By: Charlie Spicer
Produced By: Macmillan
Case Closed is a serialized podcast for true crime fans, featuring more than just true crime stories. Whether it’s a thriller, a mystery, or a crime—either true or imagined—Case Closed shares stories full of vibrant characters, engrossing details, daring twists, and sweeping suspense.
Case Closed Podcast Host:
Charlie Spicer is a 30-year veteran of St. Martin’s Press who has published more than 100 books.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Engaging Format: The podcast’s well-structured episodes, featuring a combination of interviews, evidence analysis, and immersive reenactments, provide a great listening experience.
- Diverse Range of Cases: Case Closed covers a wide array of mysteries, including unsolved crimes, missing persons, and historical enigmas, catering to a broad audience with varied interests.
- Impactful Resolutions: Case Closed strives to bring resolution to the cases it covers, and listeners deeply appreciate when justice is finally served or new leads are discovered.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Pacing and Length: Some listeners have found certain episodes to be too long or feel stretched out, suggesting that tighter editing or more concise storytelling could enhance the overall listening experience.
- Lack of Variety in Hosting Style: Although Charlie Spicer’s storytelling skills are praised, a few listeners have expressed a desire for occasional guest hosts or different perspectives to bring a fresh dynamic to the podcast.
- Insufficient Background Information: A few critics have mentioned that certain episodes assume prior knowledge of the cases or lack in-depth explanations, making it challenging for newcomers or those unfamiliar with the specific cases to fully grasp the context.
- Repetitive Themes: A small segment of the audience has pointed out that certain themes or case elements tend to recur in multiple episodes, leading to a sense of repetition.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!