Hosted By: Christine Schiefer & Em Schulz
And That’s Why We Drink is a weekly podcasts that brings two hosts, wine and all things paranormal into one room.
From chilling ghost stories and downright terrifying true crime stories, you’ll find a mix of episodes that will have you clear of one thing – the world’s a scary place.
And That’s Why We Drink Podcast Hosts:
Through And That’s Why We Drink,’ Em has covered over 200 cases, including hauntings, alien abductions, cryptids, legends, conspiracies, and historical figures in the paranormal world. Whether they’re explaining demonic portals, the belief that Obama was recruited into a time travel program on Mars, Houdini’s undercover army exposing mediums, or a possessed talking mongoose, Em drinks a milkshake each episode to celebrate getting through another week of research. When Em isn’t drinking milkshakes, they are either preparing for their tiny house build, watching Back to the Future II, or actively not sharing food.
Christine teamed up with Em in 2017 to create And That’s Why We Drink. Christine also co-hosts the podcast Beach Too Sandy, Water Too Wet alongside her younger brother Alex. Named by Spotify as one of the “best new podcasts of 2019,” the show features one-star reviews read in the most dramatic fashion.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Authentic Chemistry: The hosts’ genuine friendship and playful dynamic create a welcoming and enjoyable atmosphere for listeners.
- Humor and Levity: The duo’s clever humor and lighthearted moments serve as a refreshing contrast to the dark subject matter, providing moments of levity and entertainment.
- Personal Connections: Christine and Em often share personal anecdotes and experiences, fostering a sense of intimacy and connection with their audience.
- Community Interaction: The hosts actively engage with their fans, inviting them to share their own paranormal and true crime stories, creating a supportive and interactive community.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Tangents and Lengthy Conversations: Some listeners feel that the hosts occasionally veer off on tangents or engage in lengthy conversations unrelated to the main topic, which can detract from the flow and pacing of the episodes.
- Lack of Depth in Research: Despite their engaging storytelling, a few listeners have expressed concerns about the depth of research conducted by the hosts.
- Inconsistent Balance Between True Crime and Paranormal: While the podcast aims to blend true crime and paranormal stories, some listeners feel that the balance between the two can sometimes be skewed, with episodes heavily leaning towards one topic over the other.
- Audio Quality: In earlier episodes, there have been occasional complaints about audio quality issues, such as inconsistent microphone levels or background noise, which can occasionally hinder the listening experience.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!