Hosted By: Rachel Fairburn & Kiri Pritchard-McLean
All Killa No Filla will take you through all things murder and macabre as the hosts explore the cases of serial killers, in a way that only two comedians can.
All Killa No Filla Podcast Hosts:
Rachel Fairburn is the co-creator and co-host of the All Killa No Filla, comedian and writer. She was born in Harpurhey, Manchester and attended St Monica’s High School. She has been a staple of the Edinburgh Fringe since 2014, with 6 critically acclaimed solo shows under her belt and featured in the ‘40 jokes of the fringe’ by the Daily Telegraph in 2018 and ‘Best Jokes from Edinburgh Fringe 2022’ in The Times. A regular on the UK stand-up circuit, Rachel is also curator and host of the wildly popular ‘Comedian’s Stories’ night at the 2Northdown comedy club in London.
Kiri Pritchard-McLean is a co-creator and co-host of the All Killa No Filla podcast, multi award-winning stand up comedian, writer and satirist. She also co- hosts The Pod of Wales with Esyllt Sears. Recent TV appearances include hosting Live at the Apollo, Have I Got News For You, 8 Out of 10 Cats, The Russell Howard Hour (which she writes on) and she’s a frequent contributor on Frankie Boyle’s New World Order.
Praise from Listeners*:
- Genuine Passion: The hosts’ evident enthusiasm for true crime is infectious, captivating listeners and sparking their own interest in the subject matter.
- Personal Anecdotes: Rachel and Kiri often share personal anecdotes and experiences, adding a personal touch and further connecting with their audience.
- Interactive Community: All Killa No Filla has cultivated a passionate and engaged community of listeners who actively participate in discussions and share their own insights and theories.
- Balance of Seriousness and Lightheartedness: The podcast strikes a delicate balance between discussing the gravity of crime and injecting humor, allowing listeners to navigate dark topics with occasional relief.
Criticisms from Listeners*:
- Lengthy Tangents: Some listeners feel that Rachel and Kiri occasionally go off on tangents or engage in extended personal conversations, which can detract from the main focus of the true crime cases being discussed.
- Lack of Sensitivity: While the hosts generally approach the subject matter with empathy, a few listeners have expressed concerns about occasional moments where jokes or comments may come across as insensitive towards victims or their families.
- Lack of Deep Analysis: While the hosts provide insightful commentary, some listeners feel that the analysis of the cases could be more thorough and in-depth, with a desire for deeper exploration of the psychological aspects of the crimes.
* The True Crime Connection teams aims to keep this as an unbiased search database. In order to do this, we curate what people love the most and the least about a podcast by analysing ApplePodcast reviews.
To hear about our personal favorites/feedback, check out our Instagram or TikTok.
To submit a change to this listing, click here.
Want to leave your own review for fellow true crime fans to find when they hit this page? Add it in the comments below!